Ensure healthy lives and promote well-being for all at all ages.
Policy and operation
KKU have partnerships with health service organizations both national and international. Almost projects run by the faculty in the Health Sciences which have the Faculty of Medicine, Faculty of Dentistry, Faculty of Pharmacy, Faculty of Veterinary Science, and Faculty of Public Health. Examples of outstanding cooperation projects to solve regional problems are as follows:
1. Promote of creating knowledge and innovation for ensuring food, energy, and water security, through multidisciplinary research collaboration aimed to academic excellence and sustainable solution.
2. Support academic researchers, research staff, and graduate studies staff to improve research capabilities, through KKU research group, research program, and specialize research centers among Mekong sub-region.
3. Facilitate organizational learning and knowledge management for food, energy and water security in all segment aimed to drive efficient public policy.
4. Determine the direction, policy and research strategy on the country's food, energy and water security by establishing leading research institute of the Mekong sub-region for food, energy and water security.
5. KKU runs the 9th Asian-Pacific Cleft Lip-Palate Congress to foster cleft treatment via interdisciplinary method
6. Faculty of Dentistry held an international dentistry conference with researchers all over the world attending and presenting dentistry research
Major work outcomes of Khon Kaen University
1. Building up Good Health in People Building up good health does not benefit only the individual but also the community, generating good health atmosphere as a whole. After a medical check-up and preliminary disease screening, an individual will get advice on how to look after him/herself according to the age. This will help reducing the chance of getting sick or any complication in the future, hence, reducing expense of the family and country. Based on this assumption, KKU organized an event “KKU Transformation to Smart and Healthy KKU Citizens” aiming at educating the KKU community on the subject. The event was during 15-17 August 2019, at the Food and Service Center 1, KKU.
2. KKU CSV Public Service The event was set up on September 5, 2019 at the Sam Leam Municipality School in Khon Kaen. The service was done under the KKU CSV Project. Many public services were delivered to people in the community; for examples health and medical check-up by the Social Medicine Group, Srinagarind Hospital which included blood pressure, body fat, and blood sugar. Knowledge on how to prevent the coronary disease and delay the onset of chronic kidney disease was also given. Consultation on medical problem for individual was, as well, offered. Apart from all these activities, the Animal Hospital offered medical check-up service to pets, gave rabies vaccination, eradicated ticks and fleas for dogs and cats. Chemical-safe vegetables were available for sale in the event; while the volunteer student network from the Faculty of Fine and Applied Arts, and the Dao Duen Band provided musical entertainment.
3. Free Flu-Vaccination for Risky Groups Srinagarind Hospital gave free flu- vaccination to
patients and people in the risky groups. Followings are people considered risky: 1) Patients having one of these 7 chronic diseases; chronic obstructive pulmonary disease, asthma, heart disease, brain coronary disease, kidney failure, cancer with chemotherapy, and diabetes, 2) People older than 65, 3) Children between 6 months to 2 years old, 4) Women having longer than 4 months pregnancy, 5) Mentally disabled, 6) Patients with thalassemia or immunodeficiency (including those with symptomatic HIV), and 7) People weigh more than 100 kg or having body mass higher than 35 kg/m2. The service was given during July 1, to August 2, 2019.
4. Conference on Development of Caring for Children with Congenial Heart Disease The conference title was “Pulmonary Hypertension Day First Time in the Northeast”. It was organized by the Pediatric Cardiology team of the Queen Sirikit Heart Center, on August 23, 2019 at the Heart Center The conference aimed to educate participants with new development in cardiology. Attendants of the conference were physicians, physicians in cardiology, pediatricians in cardiology, and medical staff. It was hope that they could apply the knowledge for caring, effectively, the children with congenial heart disease.
5. Promoting Health with Physical Therapy This is a health service for community aiming at educating and giving skill to people and elderly to do a basic total physical therapy by themselves. They can use such knowledge in their everyday lives. Knowledge on what type of therapy is suitable for those with high blood pressure, diabetes, back ache, knees pain, or urinary incontinence; were given. The event was on August 29, 2019 at the Demonstration Area, Ban Tone subdistrict, Pra Yeun district, Khon Kaen.
6. Helping Patients with Oral Cancer The Faculty of Dentistry organized a charity concert “Dung Saeng Thong Song Nai Hua Jai Nirund” (Light up My Heart Forever) on June 15, 2019 to commemorate H M the late King Bhumibol’s contribution to the country and to rally for funding. The income earned from this concert was donated to help patients with oral cancer in the Northeast.
7. KKU Library for All is a policy of the KKU Library to give service to customers of all sexes and ages. Many creative activities have been delivered to public consecutively. During 15-16 June 2019, the library in cooperation with the Senior Personnel Club offered a training course on how to play Check (Go’) to interested people and the club’s members. Go is a good game that can train your brain in planning, decision making, and defending. The training was done at the Library.
8. Rabies Prevention Campaign The campaign was organized by Faculty of Veterinary Medicine in cooperation with the Animal Hospital, Prevention and Anti-Rabies Student Club, and Veterinary Student Union in order to control rabies. Giving rabies vaccination to animals in the community near the university was the main activity of the campaign. It was done on September 28, 2019; the World Rabies Day, at Ban Non Muang, Sila subdistrict, Muang Khon Kaen.
9. KKU Happy Healthy Day This is an activity done under the project” Development of Process and Form of Happiness to Make KKU and the Organizations in the Upper Northeast Region, a Happy Organization”. The project aims to make a prototype of Happy University for the staff and students. The event was undertaken at the Kanchana Pisake Convention Center, on March 14, 2019.