IRDTP, Khon Kaen University
Scope of the trainin
• Lesson Study
• Classroom Managemen
• To promote potential and career development of educational practitioners particularly in these three areas, namely Lesson Study, classroom management, and leadership.
• To strengthen educational professional cooperation and networking between educational human resources of Thailand and Japan.
March to August 2021 encompassing four phases as follows:
Phase 1: Contextual development
• Educational administrators
• Deputy educational administrators
• Educational supervisors
Duration of training
A total of 50 participants consists of:
Phase 1 was organized by IRDTP for ASEAN, Khon Kaen University for four days, starting from March 25 to 28, 2021.
March 25 morning: Professional training in the use of innovation under educational context.
March 25 afternoon: Forum of discussion between facilitators and participants.
March 26 morning: Field visit to an established Lesson Study and Open Approach Innovations Model School - Ban Bueng Niam Bueng Krai Noon Thahin School.
March 26 afternoon: Meeting for the details of the 14th National OPEN CLASS.
March 27 and 28: Participating in the 14th National OPEN CLASS via the online platform.
Phase 2: Teaching professional developmental training
Phase 2 was organized by the National Institute for School Teachers and Staff Development (NITS) and Fukui University, Japan for six days, starting from April 21 to 26, 2021. The six-days training is conducted using the online platform. The teaching professional developmental training aims to promote the exchange of knowledge by sharing the successful case studies in Japan in terms of their classroom management, leadership, and professional learning communities. Hence, the creation of international sharing of knowledge between Thai national projects and Japanese researchers.
Phase 3: Application of the developed knowledge into actual classroom practice
All participants have to apply whatever that they have learned from Phase 1 and Phase 2 into the actual teaching practices for a period of three months, starting from May to July 2021.
Phase 4: Follow-up and evaluating the outcomes of the whole developmental program
In Phase 4, the follow-up and evaluating process will be in charge by the National Institute for Development of Teachers, Faculty Staff, and Educational Personnel (NIDTEP) of Thailand from August 23 to 24, 2021. This phase is mainly including the following activities:
• All participants present their outcomes from Phase 3 after they have applied their developed knowledge into actual teaching practices.
• All participants give their opinions and reflect the outcomes of the overall training program.
• The certificate will be given to those participants who have participated on the entire developmental training program in order to recognize their professional status.