December 14, 2021
1. Institute for Research and Development in Teaching Profession for ASEAN (IRDTP) for ASEAN, together with the Mathematics Studies Program of Faculty of Education, Khon Kaen University
2. Teach For Thailand Foundation
The MoU Signing Ceremony is fulfilling:
SDG 4: Quality Education
SDG 17: Partnerships for the Goals
OKR 1, Strategic Issue 1 Strategy 1 - Academic service transformation
OKR 32, Strategic Issue 4 Strategy 2 - Cooperation project to develop communities and society for sustainability
December 15, 2021, at Conference Room 101, IRDTP for ASEAN building, Khon Kaen University – The MoU signing ceremony was started by HE. Suraphon Phetwara as Vice Chairman of Khon Kaen University Council and the advisor of the IRDTP for ASEAN to convey his opening address. This is followed by Associate Professor Dr. Maitree Inprasitha as Vice President for Education & Academic Services and Acting Director of IRDTP for ASEAN for giving his reporting speech. The duration of this MoU is five years from December 14, 2021, until December 14, 2026. This collaboration between Khon Kaen University and the private sector of Teach For Thailand Foundation identifies the following strategies to achieve these goals of both parties:
1. Conduct training as developmental activities to correspond to the present-day needs through designing the training program and adjusting the implementation plan.
2. Participate in training of various perspectives, namely students, teachers, educators, and the interested public by providing experts and trainers.
3. Collaborate in research and development of instruction to fulfill the needs of entrepreneurs to make sure a smooth operation in meeting the requirements of both parties.
4. Promote lifelong learning for the new generation who are not specialized in education to learn and work in the teaching profession.
5. Prepare potential graduates for teaching in remote or underprivileged areas to promote equity in education thus narrowing the educational gap.
Besides, the two parties will allocate funds to support educational development. Khon Kaen University will provide scholarships for five teachers from the Teach For Thailand Foundation each year to study Master’s degree in Mathematics Education while IRDTP for ASEAN will be funded for its non-degree program operation and Mathematics Studies Program.
The MoU was signed in the presence of Associate Professor Dr. Maitree Inprasitha for Khon Kaen University while Mr. Wichitphon Phonphok (Administrator and Founder) for Teach For Thailand Foundation. Moreover, the MoU signing ceremony was witnessed by Dr. Thawarat Sutabutr (Distinguished Advisor of Teach For Thailand Foundation), Professor Dr. Monchai Duangjinda (Vice President for Research & Graduate Studies, Khon Kaen University), Assistant Professor Sermsak Sumanon (Member of KKU University Council), Associate Professor Dr. Paiboon Daosodsai (Dean of the Faculty of Pharmaceutical Science), Assistant Professor Dr. Narumon Changsri (Chairman of Mathematics Studies Program of Faculty of Education), Mr. Ronnarong Khankhaeng (Head of the Training and Supporting Division of Teach For Thailand Foundation).